Fender 1964 Telecaster Custom Shop Heavy Relic Aged Black
About This Guitar
Fender Custom Shop 1964 Telecaster® Custom Heavy Relic® - Aged Black - Custom Shop Hand-Wound Twisted Tele® Single-Coil Pickups
The elegantly double-bound Fender Telecaster® Custom was produced from 1959 to 1968. The 1964 Telecaster Custom Heavy Relic brings back that period to life again with its parchment body binding, smooth playing feel and authentic original-era sound. The nitrocellulose lacquer finish on the two-piece alder body imparts the broken-in look and feel of a guitar that saw the transition from rock ‘n’ roll to rock.
The Fender tinted quartersawn 2A flame maple neck is stable and comfortable, with a ’60s-era “oval C” profile ideal for any playing style. The round-lam rosewood fingerboard has a 9.5” radius and 21 narrow tall frets for refined and supremely comfortable playing.
A pair of hand-wound Custom Shop Twisted Tele® single-coil pickups are tied to modern wiring and a Greasebucket™ tone control circuit, for rolling off highs without adding bass or losing volume.
Other features include three-way switch, ’64-’66 bridge with threaded steel saddles, three-ply parchment pickguard, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, and “wing” string tree. Includes a deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
WEIGHT 7 lbs 4.1 ozs
Features & Specifications
- Model - 1964 Telecaster® Custom Heavy Relic®, Rosewood Fingerboard
- Finish - Lacquer Relic®
- Color - Aged Black
- Body - 2-Piece Select Alder
- Neck - AA Flame Quartersawn Maple - Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer - 1960 Oval "C"
- Fingerboard - Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius - 9.5"
- Frets - 21, 6105 Narrow Tall
- Nut - 1.650" (42 mm) Bone
- Pickups - Custom Shop Hand-Wound Twisted Tele® Single-Coil
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Blade: Position 1: Neck Pickup, Position 2: Neck and Bridge Pickup, Position 3: Bridge Pickup
- Bridge - 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Threaded Saddles
- Tuning Machines - Vintage Style
- Case - Deluxe Hardshell