Fender Custom Shop 1957 Telecaster Relic Candy Apple Red
About This Guitar
Fender Custom Shop 1957 Telecaster Journeyman Relic - Aged Candy Apple Red - Hand-Wound 55/56 Tele Pickups
Rock ‘n’ roll ruled in 1957. Cars grew fins, the space race got started, and the Fender Telecaster® was en vogue with a brand new look. In transition from the first half of the decade, the 1957 Fender Telecaster now had new features including a translucent white blonde lacquer finish over an ash body, a white pickguard, a one-piece maple neck with a “soft-V” back shape, stainless steel “barrel” saddles and a bridge pickup with staggered pole pieces.
In celebration of this classic Tele®, Fender has recreated the original as closely as possible while adding a few custom player features. The two-piece ash body has a Custom Shop Journeyman Relic® lacquer finish and single-ply “eggshell” pickguard. The one-piece rift-sawn maple neck has a tinted lacquer finish, a custom “soft-V” back shape with a slightly thicker carve toward the first fret, 9.5” fingerboard radius and 21 narrow tall frets. Hand-wound custom shop ’55-’56 pickups are connected to a Fat '50s control assembly for stronger overall tone with a more transparent bloom. Other features include a ’55-’57 bridge with steel “barrel” saddles and vintage-style tuning machines.
WEIGHT 6 lbs 11.8 ozs
Features & Specifications
- Model - 1957 Telecaster® Journeyman Relic®, Maple Fingerboard, Aged Candy Apple Red
- Finish - Journeyman Relic® Lacquer
- Color - Aged Candy Apple Red
- Body - 2-Piece Select Ash
- Neck - Rift Sawn Maple - Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer - 1957 Soft "V"
- Fingerboard - Maple
- Fingerboard Radius - 9.5"
- Frets - 21, 6105 Narrow Tall
- Nut - Bone
- Pickups - Custom Shop Hand-Wound '55/'56 Single-Coil Tele®
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Bridge - 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Solid Barrel Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines - Vintage Style
- Case - Deluxe Hardshell