Fender Custom Shop 1961 Telecaster Relic Aztec Gold Texas Special
About This Guitar
Fender Custom Shop 1961 Telecaster Relic - Aged Aztec Gold - Hand-Wound Texas Special Pickups
The Fender Time Machine 1961 Telecaster Relic® honors that year’s model, with original features and a few slight modifications to improve the overall playing experience.
The two-piece select alder body has a Thin Relic lacquer finish and a three-ply nitro mint green pickguard. The quartersawn maple neck features a comfortable “oval-C” profile and smooth unfinished back for streamlined feel and seamless play, topped with a 9.5”-radius flat-lam rosewood fretboard with 21 narrow tall frets.
Fender's hand-wound Texas Special™ pickups serve up spicy hot Tele tone, and modern Tele wiring with Greasebucket™ tone circuit lets players roll off highs while preserving midrange tone and without adding bass. Other great features include a '61 Telecaster bridge with threaded saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and single “wing” string tree. Includes is a deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
WEIGHT 7 lbs 10.7 ozs
Features & Specifications
- Model - 1961 Telecaster® Relic®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Aged Aztec Gold
- Finish - Lacquer Relic®
- Color - Aged Aztec Gold
- Body - 2-Piece Select Alder
- Neck - Quartersawn Maple - Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer - 1960 Oval "C"
- Fingerboard - Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius - 9.5"
- Frets - 21, 6105 Narrow Tall
- Nut - Bone
- Pickups - Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special™ Single-Coil Tele®
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Blade: Position 1: Neck Pickup, Position 2: Neck and Bridge Pickup, Position 3: Bridge Pickup
- Bridge - 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Threaded Saddles
- Tuning Machines - Vintage Style
- Case - Deluxe Hardshell