Fender Custom Shop Esquire Telecaster Vintage 1950 Double Pickup
About This Guitar
Before the Fender Telecaster® forever changed the world in 1951, Leo Fender built several prototype guitars, testing various concepts that would find their way into the final result. The Vintage Custom 1950 Double Esquire is a faithful recreation of one of those early models. The incredibly rare dual-pickup Double Esquire, which was outfitted with some very cool and compelling appointments that Fender felt modern players and vintage tone hounds alike would appreciate. It features hand-wound '50-'51 Blackguard pickups offering incredibly fat tone, coupled with modified '51 Nocaster® wiring and controls. You will find a blender pot in place of a standard tone control and an additional resistor on the rhythm circuit for sweeter output. The neck features a vintage 7.25"-9.5" compound radius, which Fender found on some rare examples, giving it a unique feel even among vintage-inspired models. Other features include medium vintage frets, which are slightly larger than vintage frets and very comfortable to play.
The Fender Double Esquire includes a NOS flash-coat lacquer Nocaster Blonde finish, Closet Classic hardware, 2-piece off-center-seam ash body, tinted maple rift-sawn neck with 10/56 "V"-shaped neck profile, 21 medium vintage frets, 3-way switch, black phenolic pickguard, '51-'54 Tele bridge with brass saddles, bone nut, round string tree and vintage-style tuning machines.
The historic precursor to an undisputed Fender legend, the 1950 Double Esquire is a glimpse into the innovations that were pivotal in the development of the Telecaster. Includes a deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
Weight - 7 lbs 5.9 ozs
Features & Specifications
- Name: Vintage Custom 1950 Double Esquire® NOS, Maple Fingerboard, Nocaster Blonde
- Model Number: 9235000563
- Series: Vintage Custom
- Color: Nocaster® Blonde
- Body Material: 2-Piece Offset Seam Lightweight Ash
- Body Finish: NOS Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 10/56 "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Radius: 7.25" to 9.5" Compound Radius (184 mm to 241 mm)
- Frets: 21 Medium Vintage
- Nut: Bone 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Finish: Tinted Flash Coat Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Controls: Volume, Blend
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup With Blender, Position 2. Neck Pickup with Volume, Position 3. Neck Pickup with Volume, 10K Resistor and .001uF Capacitor.
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Brass Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case: Custom Shop
Serving Musicians Since 1991