Fender Custom Shop Telecaster Artisan Koa P90 Chambered Body
About This Guitar
The Fender Artisan Koa P-90 Telecaster® combines the finest hand-picked woods with all custom components and expert craftsmanship. The result is a truly compelling new Fender Custom Shop creation. Its chambered Fiji mahogany body has a 4A figured koa top with brown shell binding, a single-ply brown shell Caballo Tono pickguard and an “electro socket” input jack. The roasted 4A flame-maple neck has a 1960-style “oval-C” profile, topped by a superb Macassar ebony fingerboard with a 9.5”-12” compound radius and 21 jumbo frets.
The three-way switch and dual-stack HS Tele® wiring are connected to a hand-wound Loaded ’51 Nocaster® bridge pickup and a Custom P-90 neck pickup, giving each the ideal resistance for a perfect balance. The bridge pickup’s reverse angle thickens the high strings and tightens the bass strings, giving each player an even sonic keel with distinct string balance.
Other Fender features include vintage-style tuning machines with brown shell buttons, deluxe hardshell case, strap, and a certificate of authenticity.
Weight - 6 lbs 8.3 ozs
Features & Specifications
- Name: Artisan P90 Koa Telecaster®, Fiji Mahogany Body with AAAA Figured Koa Top, Ebony Fingerboard, Aged Natural
- Model Number: 9235001198
- Series: Artisan
- Color: Aged Natural
- Body Material: Chambered 2-Piece Fiji Mahogany with AAAA Figured Koa Top
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Roasted AAAA Flame Maple
- Neck Shape: '60s Oval "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Radius: 9.5" to 12" Compound Radius (241mm-305mm)
- Frets: 21 Jumbo
- Nut: Bone 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Ebony
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Loaded '51 Nocaster®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop P-90
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Reverse Nocaster Bridge with Brass RSD Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style with Tortoise Shell Buttons
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case: Custom Shop
Serving Musicians Since 1991