Fender Custom Telecaster Vintage 1958 Top Load Tele White Blonde
About This Guitar
Fender Custom Shop 1958 Vintage Top-Load Telecaster NOS - Aged White Blonde - Hand-Wound 58 Tele Pickups
In 1958 Fender modified the design of the Telecaster, switching from a string-through-body bridge to a top-loading bridge.
A flexible instrument with authentic Fender tone, the Vintage Custom ’58 Telecaster lets you choose either stringing method, courtesy of the Top-Load Tele bridge with period-accurate threaded steel saddles.
The two-piece select ash body is covered with a pristine translucent Aged White Blonde NOS flash coat lacquer finish that makes it look like this instrument time-traveled from ’58 to today. The tinted riftsawn maple neck’s “U”-shaped profile fills the hand comfortably while the 7.25”-9.5”-compound-radius fingerboard flattens out as you go up the neck, making it easy to bend without fretting out, and 21 medium-vintage frets offer familiar playing feel.
The pair of Fender Hand-Wound ’58 Tele single-coil pickups are packed with authentic twang and growl, tied together with vintage-style wiring. For those who want more modern tone, Fender included a Fat ‘50s Tele wiring and control assembly in the case.
Other features include 3-way switch, 1-ply Eggshell pickguard, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
WEIGHT 7 lbs 6.6 ozs
Features & Specifications
- Model - Vintage Custom 1958 Top-Load Telecaster® NOS, Maple Fingerboard, Aged White Blonde
- Finish - Flash Coat Lacquer
- Color - Aged White Blonde
- Body - 2-Piece Select Ash
- Neck - Rift Sawn Maple - Tinted Flash Coat Lacquer - 10/56 "V"
- Fingerboard - Maple
- Fingerboard Radius - 7.25" to 9.5" Compound Radius (184 mm to 241 mm)
- Frets - 21, Medium Vintage 50085
- Nut - Bone
- Pickups - Custom Shop Hand-Wound '58 Single-Coil Tele®
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Bridge - 3-Saddle Vintage Style Tele® with Threaded Steel Saddles Top-Load or Strings-Through-Body
- Tuning Machines - Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Case - Deluxe Hardshell