Fender Telecaster Custom Relic Limited Edition CuNiFe Humbucker
About This Guitar
Limited Edition Cunife Tele® Custom Relic®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Faded Aged Chocolate 3-Color Sunburst
Developed by Seth Lover, who joined Fender in 1971, the “cunife” pickup features a two-coil humbucking design that uses 12 cunife screws connected on the bottom by a steel plate. Cunife is an alloy named for its three constituent metals - copper (Cu), nickel (Ni) and iron (Fe) - and in instrument pickups it produces a distinctive “hi fidelity” sound with rich bass and clear treble, and they never lose their attack or definition when pushed. Fender used samples of the original magnets to develop these pickups over a two-year period, and have brought the material back exactly as it was 40 years ago. For this very special Limited Edition Cunife Tele Custom Relic, Fender took elements of the classic double-bound Telecaster Custom and added custom features including the classic cunife wide-range humbucker paired with a Custom Shop hand-wound Texas Special.
The two-piece select alder body wears a Relic lacquer finish. The tinted quartersawn maple neck features a ’60-style oval-“C” back-shape and a flat-lam rosewood fingerboard with a 9.5” radius and 21 narrow tall frets. The hand-wound Texas Special (bridge) and wide-range cunife (neck) pickups feature three-way switching and Dual-Stack HS Tele wiring. Additional features include a three-ply mint green pickguard, ’58-’63 Tele bridge with RSD saddles for perfect intonation, vintage-style tuners, bone nut and wing string tree. Also included is a deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
WEIGHT 7 lbs 6.1 ozs
Features & Specifications
- Model - Limited Edition Cunife Tele® Custom Relic®
- Finish - Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color - Faded Aged Chocolate 3-Color Sunburst
- Body - 2-Piece Select Alder
- Neck - Quartersawn Maple - Nitrocellulose Lacquer - 60s Oval "C"
- Fingerboard - Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius - 9.5"
- Frets - 21, 6105 Narrow Tall
- Nut - 1.650" (42 mm) Bone
- Pickups - Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special™ Single-Coil Tele® & Wide-Range CuNiFe Humbucking
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Blade: Position 1: Neck Pickup, Position 2: Neck and Bridge Pickup, Position 3: Bridge Pickup
- Bridge - '58-'63 Tele® Bridge with Brass RSD Saddles
- Tuning Machines - Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Case - Deluxe Hardshell
Serving Musicians Since 1991