Fender Telecaster Thinline 1968 Vintage Custom Natural
About This Guitar
Fender Custom Shop Vintage Custom 1968 Tele® Thinline - Aged Natural - Custom Shop Hand-Wound '67 Single-Coil Tele® Pickups
Fender first introduced its semi-hollow electric guitar in 1968. Once again appealing to a wide range of players - this time with a radical reworking of its original workhorse, the Telecaster®.
The Fender Thinline Telecaster body is not only lighter but also more resonant, adding warmth and color to the tone.
The 1968 Telecaster Thinline was originally offered in natural ash or mahogany, with a solid center and hollow wings bearing an “F” hole on the upper bout.
The Vintage Custom 1968 Tele® Thinline features a semi-hollow mahogany body finished in aged natural NOS lacquer. Its lightly tinted rift-sawn maple neck has an '60s oval “C” profile, topped by a 7.25”-9.5” vintage compound-radius round-lam maple fingerboard with 21 medium vintage frets. The hand-wound 1967 Telecaster pickups have three-way switching and modern Telecaster wiring. Other features include a period-correct white pearloid pickguard, ’67 Telecaster bridge assembly, vintage-style “F” tuners, bone nut, and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap, and certificate of authenticity.
WEIGHT 6 lbs 13.1 ozs
Features & Specifications
- Model - Vintage Custom 1968 Telecaster® Thinline, Round-Laminated Maple Fingerboard, Aged Natural
- Finish - Nitrocellulose Lacquer with WLS Undercoat
- Color - Aged Natural
- Body - 2-Piece Select Mahogany
- Neck - Maple - Lite Tint Nitrocellulose Lacquer - '60s Oval "C"
- Fingerboard - Round-Laminated Maple
- Fingerboard Radius - 7.25" to 9.5" Compound Radius (184 mm to 241 mm)
- Frets - 21, Medium Vintage
- Nut - 1.650" (42 mm) Bone
- Pickups - Custom Shop Hand-Wound '67 Single-Coil Tele®
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Blade: Position 1: Neck Pickup, Position 2: Neck and Bridge Pickup, Position 3: Bridge Pickup
- Bridge - 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Tele® with Slotted Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines - Schaller® "F"
- Case - Deluxe Hardshell