Fender Telecaster Thinline '72 Heavy Relic Sunburst Ltd Edition
About This Guitar
Limited Edition '72 Tele® Thinline, Round-Laminated Maple Fingerboard, Faded Aged 3-Color Sunburst
1972 saw the introduction of a new Fender Telecaster® Thinline model that took Fender’s venerable workhorse guitar into bold new territory in both sound and style. Most prominently, the two big new high-output humbucking pickups designed by famed pickup maker Seth Lover were housed in a curvaceous new pickguard, below which was mounted a new six-saddle Stratocaster® bridge.
The Limited Edition ’72 Tele Thinline honors that year’s model, featuring a hollow two-piece select ash body with f-hole and a Heavy Relic lacquer finish. The AA quartersawn flame maple neck has a ’60s-style “oval-C” profile, and is topped by a 9.5”-radius round-lam maple fingerboard with 21 narrow tall frets.
The pickups are wound to the original spec, with 12 adjustable “cunife” (copper-nickel-iron) magnets - just like the originals - with hum-canceling high output grit. Other features include an aged pearloid pickguard, three-way blade pickup switch, a hardtail Strat bridge, Schaller® “F” tuners, bone nut, and “wing” string trees. Included is a deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
WEIGHT 6 lbs 9.7 ozs
Features & Specifications
- Model - Limited Edition '72 Telecaster Thinline Heavy Relic®
- Finish - Heavy Relic® Lacquer
- Color - Faded Aged 3-Color Sunburst
- Body - 2-Piece Select Ash
- Neck - AA Flame Quartersawn Maple - Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer - 60s Oval "C"
- Fingerboard - Round-Laminated Maple
- Fingerboard Radius - 9.5"
- Frets - 21, 6105 Narrow Tall
- Nut - 1.650" (42 mm) Bone
- Pickups - Wide-Range CuNiFe Humbucking
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Blade: Position 1: Neck Pickup, Position 2: Neck and Bridge Pickup, Position 3: Bridge Pickup
- Bridge - 6-Saddle Hardtail
- Tuning Machines - Schaller® "F"
- Case - Deluxe Hardshell
Serving Musicians Since 1991