Gibson 1934 Jumbo Acoustic Guitar Adirondack Waverly Hide Glue
About This Gibson Montana Acoustic Guitar
Gibson 1934 Jumbo Acoustic Guitar - A Booming Beginning
This is the guitar that started the legacy of Gibson Jumbo acoustics.
When Gibson released the Jumbo in 1934, it was larger than any other guitar that Gibson had previously offered, and it made for a remarkable instrument.
They were only built for two production years. These rare instruments quickly became artist favorites and best represent the Gibson sound heard by world-renowned artists and collectors.
They have been thoughtfully recreated with a Thermally Aged Adirondack red spruce top, hot hide glue top bracing, mahogany back and sides, and traditional 25'' scale length. They also have a historic-style V neck profile.
The Gibson Montana Acoustic Custom Shop is proud to bring back a historic legend, the Gibson 1934 Jumbo Acoustic Guitar.
Features & Specifications
- Body Shape - Advanced Jumbo
- Top - Thermally Aged Red Spruce
- Back & Sides - Mahogany
- Bracing - Traditional hand-scalloped Advanced X-bracing, red spruce braces with hide glue
- Binding - Single-ply top, single-ply back
- Finish - Thin Finish Nitrocellulose, VOS
- Neck Material - Mahogany
- Profile - V
- Scale Length - 25.5" / 647.7mm
- Fingerboard Material - Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius - 12"
- Number of Frets - 19
- Frets - Standard
- Nut - Bone 1.75" / 44.45mm
- Inlays - Mother-of-pearl Dots
- Neck Joint - Compound Dovetail Neck-to-body
- Tuner Plating - Nickel
- Bridge - Rectangle, open slot
- Saddle - Bone
- Tuning Machines - Waverly
- Pickguard - AJ
- Truss Rod Cover - Black
- Bridge Pins - Bone
- Electronics - None
- Strings - 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Case Included
Serving Musicians Since 1991