Gibson 1936 Advanced Jumbo Acoustic Guitar Adirondack Waverly
About This Gibson Montana Acoustic Guitar
Gibson 1936 Advanced Jumbo Acoustic Guitar
During a time when cultural optimism was at a low point, Gibson dreamed up a new line of "advanced" instruments. Included in those models was the Advanced Jumbo.
Due to low production numbers between the years 1936-1939, this model largely flew under the radar even though it was a supreme sounding and great performing instrument.
As part of their Historic Acoustic Guitar Collection, the Gibson Acoustic Custom Shop is pleased to once again offer the Gibson 1936 Advanced Jumbo.
It is outfitted with a Thermally Aged Adirondack red spruce top, rosewood back and sides, and premium Waverly tuners.
The 1936 Advanced Jumbo brings back all the tone and prestige that made these such a sought-after instrument by artists and collectors.
Features & Specifications
- Body Shape - Advanced Jumbo
- Top - Thermally Aged Red Spruce
- Back & Sides - Rosewood
- Bracing - Traditional hand-scalloped Advanced X-bracing, red spruce braces with hide glue
- Binding - Single-ply top, single-ply back
- Finish - Thin Finish Nitrocellulose, VOS
- Neck Material - Mahogany
- Profile - Historic AJ
- Scale Length - 25.5" / 647.7mm
- Fingerboard Material - Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius - 12"
- Number of Frets - 19
- Frets - Standard
- Nut - Bone 1.72" / 43.81mm
- Inlays - Mother-of-pearl Diamonds and Arrows
- Neck Joint - Compound Dovetail Neck-to-body
- Tuner Plating - Nickel
- Bridge - Rectangle, open slot
- Saddle - Bone
- Tuning Machines - Waverly
- Pickguard - AJ
- Truss Rod Cover - Black
- Bridge Pins - Bone
- Electronics - None
- Strings - 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Case Included
Serving Musicians Since 1991