Gibson Murphy Lab 1960 Hummingbird Light Aged Cherry Sunburst
About This Gibson Hummingbird Acoustic Guitar
1960 Hummingbird Light Aged, Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Introduced in 1960 as Gibson’s first square shoulder, the Hummingbird arrived at the dawn of an era in music that was rapidly embraced by the prime movers on the scene.
Built with a thermally aged Sitka spruce top, the 1960 Hummingbird reflects the appearance and performance of those early Gibson icons.
It features Light Aging by the skilled artisans of the Murphy Lab.
The Murphy Lab Light Aged finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of light play wear, giving it the unique character, vibe, and feel of an original example from the Gibson Acoustic Guitar Golden Era.
- Body Shape - Hummingbird
- Top - Thermally Aged Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides - Mahogany
- Binding - Multi-ply top, Multi-ply back, Single-Ply Fretboard
- Neck Material - Mahogany
- Profile - Rounded
- Scale Length - 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Fingerboard Material - Rosewood
- Number of Frets - 20
- Nut - Bone
- Inlays - Mother-of-pearl Parallelograms
- Tuner Plating - Aged Nickel
- Bridge - Rosewood, Traditional Belly-up
- Tuning Machines - Gotoh with Keystone Buttons, Aged Gold
- Case Included - Period Correct Case
Serving Musicians Since 1991