Martin D-18 Authentic 1939 VTS Adirondack Acoustic Guitar #2218375
Do you have a Trade-In - Give us a call at 888.795.3582 - We'll try our best to work out a good deal for you.
Martin D-18 Authentic 1939 VTS Adirondack Acoustic Guitar #2218375 - Here to remind you why you fell in love with us in the first place, the new Authentics are constructed the old way - with hide glue, throughout, and historically-accurate detailing confirmed by using a CAT scan machine located at the Smithsonian Institute. Based on a 1939 D-18 in our museum, this guitar features genuine mahogany back and sides, an Adirondack spruce top, using an authentic circa 1939 bracing pattern. Period-correct "18" Authentic-style appointments, with an Authentic neck barrel and heel, complete this piece. Martin’s new Vintage Tone System (VTS) is employed for the top and braces.
The new Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martin’s craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
- Martin D-18 Authentic 1939 VTS Adirondack Acoustic Guitar
- Serial Number - 2218375
- MSRP $6849
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Top Bracing Pattern: Authentic 1939 Rearward Shifted "X" Scalloped
- Top Braces: 5/16" Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Top Inlay: Style 18
- Back and Side Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Binding: Faux Tortoise
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1939
- Nut and Saddle Material: Bone
- Fingerboard and Bridge Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Width at Nut: 1 11/16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Old Style 18
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss
- Bridge Style: Authentic Belly - Glue in Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge and End Pins: Black
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell
Serving Musicians Since 1991