Martin D-18 Authentic 1939 VTS Dreadnought Guitar #2575761
About This Guitar
Martin D-18 Authentic 1939 VTS Dreadnaught Guitar #2575761
Martin has done a great job at recreating their own 1939 D-18. This rear shifted scalloped bracing offer a very advanced tonal response. The responsiveness of the VTS Adirondack Top make this guitar very fun to play. This example is stunning. The Tortoise Binding has a lot of color variation. The Top is very clean and has almost no runout. The best part of the guitar is the Flamed Mahogany on the Back. It is incredible that Martin used this set of wood on a Production Instrument! Stunning..
Features & Specifications
- Serial Number - 2575761
- Brand New - Lifetime Warranty
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Top Bracing Pattern: Authentic 1939 Rearward Shifted "X" Scalloped
- Top Braces: 5/16" Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Top Inlay: Style 18
- Back and Side Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Binding: Faux Tortoise
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1939
- Nut and Saddle Material: Bone
- Fingerboard and Bridge Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Width at Nut: 1 11/16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Old Style 18
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss
- Bridge Style: Authentic Belly - Glue in Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge and End Pins: Black
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell
Serving Musicians Since 1991