Martin D-28 (2017) Ambertone Standard Dreadnought Guitar #2180194
Do you have a Trade-In - Give us a call at 888.795.3582
We'll try our best to work out a good deal for you.
Martin D-28 (2017) Ambertone Standard Dreadnought Guitar #2180194 - Sometimes innovation is in the details and this is certainly true with Martin’s re-imagined D-28. After nearly a century at the helm, and as the quintessential workhorse of music legends like Hank Williams, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and so many more, Martin's legendary D-28 has been lovingly and artfully enhanced. “The post WWII D-28 had a slightly different look than its predecessor and became the centerpiece of the folk and folk rock movements at their pinnacle in the 1950s and 1960s." says Chris Martin, Chairman and CEO of Martin Guitar, "We have extracted the finest features from the D-28 of both my grandfather’s and my father’s respective eras.” The all new D-28 blends the rich history of the guitar with Martin’s newest and most heralded innovations. The 184 year old guitar maker has combined vintage appointments, including open gear tuners, an aged toner top, antique white accents, and a faux tortoise pickguard with a new neck profile to give D-28 enthusiasts a modern feel and comfortable playing experience. Martin has also added forward-shifted bracing to allow greater vibration of the top. The legend just got better!
- MSRP $3,549
- Brand New - Lifetime Martin Warranty
- Serial Number - 2180194
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks / Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard "X" Forward Shitfted
- Top Braces: Sitka Spruce 5/16"
- Top Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Back and Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Binding: Antique White
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut and Saddle Material: Bone
- Fingerboard and Bridge Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Style 28
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Top: Ambertone
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Style: Belly w / Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge and End Pins: White w/ Tortoise Dot
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Case: Molded Hardshell Case
Serving Musicians Since 1991