Martin D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS Adirondack Acoustic Guitar #2209902
Do you have a Trade-In - Give us a call at 888.795.3582
We'll try our best to work out a good deal for you.
Martin D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS Adirondack Madagascar #2209902 - It is a good time to be a Martin player. The 1937 Martin D-28 is a holy grail guitar. This is a recreation of that holy grail guitar, and is offered Brand New with Lifetime Martin Warranty!
Perhaps the most revered vintage D-28s are the ones created in 1937 with forward shifted hand-scalloped X-bracing, Adirondack red spruce soundboard and a 1 3/4" neck width. This addition to the Authentic series is a recreation of the original 1937 model offered with Madagascar rosewood back and sides. Martin’s new Vintage Tone System (VTS) is employed for the top and braces.
The new Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era. This focused method allows Martin’s craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
- Martin D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS Adirondack Acoustic Guitar
- Serial Number - 2209902
- MSRP $8599
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Top Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted "X" Golden Era Scalloped
- Top Braces: 5/16" Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Top Inlay: Bold Herringbone
- Back and Side Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1937
- Nut and Saddle Material: Bone
- Fingerboard and Bridge Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Diamond & Squares Long Pattern
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Neck: Gloss
- Bridge Style: Authentic Belly - Glue in Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/16"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge and End Pins: Faux Ivory
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell
Serving Musicians Since 1991