Martin D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS Aged #2175182
Do you have a Trade-In - Give us a call at 888.795.3582
We'll try our best to work out a good deal for you.
Martin D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS Aged Adirondack Madagascar #2175182 - If you’re looking for a new guitar that looks and sounds like you’ve been playing it for 80 years, you have just found your holy grail of guitars. The Aged version of the D-28 Authentic 1937 includes all of the goodness that comes with Martin’s Authentic Series instruments, like hide glue construction and hand-scalloped X bracing. Plus, the Vintage Tone System (VTS) that ages the wood to replicate the sound of a vintage Martin, but we didn’t stop there. We’ve now taken 50 of these amazing guitars and methodically, painstakingly distressed them, inside and out, in all the right places. Stock is limited.
PRESS RELEASE ON AGED PROCESS: The Martin Guitar Custom Shop will continue to showcase their innovative creativity, quality, craftsmanship and dedication to their historic musical legacy with a new process called "Aged" which “ages” a guitar to replicate the appearance of a vintage instrument that is actually new.
To achieve the desired look, Martin had to restore a lacquer formula used many years ago. On a 30s era Martin, the lacquer appears very thin compared to today’s guitars. Lacquers used in the 30s were not as hearty as today’s finishes and over time they would gradually wear down, shedding some of their mass over decades of use.
"Getting the proper amount of wear in the right spots, the roundness of the fingerboard edges, the softer corners, along with a worn pickguard and tuners are all part of what you feel as much as you see. We blindfolded ourselves and each went painstakingly over the museum 1937 D-28 and took meticulous notes. Much attention has been spent on those details that many will miss just looking at the guitar at first glance. But to a player who has spent any time with an original 30s era Martin, these smaller details is what makes an older guitar feel so nice," says Jeff Allen, General Manager of Martin Custom Shop.
The new Aged process will provide those rare enthusiasts the opportunity to not only have the sound of an older Martin, but also enjoy the look, warmth, and comfort that Martin’s new Aged process delivers.
Martin D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS Aged Adirondack Madagascar #TBD
- Serial Number - 2175182
- Brand New - Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- MSRP $9,999
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Top Color: Modified Vintage Toner
- Top Bracing Pattern: Authentic 1937 Forward Shifted "X" Brace
- Top Braces: 5/16" Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Top Inlay: Bold Herringbone
- Back and Side Material: Madagascar Rosewood
- Binding: Antique White
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1937
- Nut and Saddle Material: Bone - Aged
- Fingerboard and Bridge Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Fingerboard Inlays: 1937 Diamond & Squares Long Pattern
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss - Aged
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss - Aged
- Bridge Style: Authentic Belly - Glue in Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/16"
- Tuning Machines: Aged Waverly Nickel
- Bridge and End Pins: Faux Ivory - Aged
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise - Aged
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell
Serving Musicians Since 1991