Scratch & Dent Martin Custom Style 42 Dreadnought Adirondack Ambertone #2260968
About This Guitar
Martin Custom Style 42 Dreadnought Adirondack Ambertone #2260968
This guitar is being sold as a Scratch & Dent model. I keep my Customs in their cases off of the showroom floor. I do get them out for interested clients. A picker put a few pick marks on the pickguard, and a few past it. The pick marks are only on the finish, they are not scratches that break the finish. I mention this because my clients know my New guitars to be factory fresh mint condition! Other than the pick marks on finish, it is still factory clean.
This Custom is based on the D-42 Standard. It features an upgraded Premium Adirondack Spruce Top, Adirondack Bracing, and an Ambertone Finish. The guitar is a real treat to look at, and very fun to play. It is setup and ready to be enjoyed!
Features & Specifications
- Serial Number - 2260968
- MSRP $8835
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks / Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce
- Top Bracing Pattern: Forward Shifted "X" Brace
- Top Braces: Adirondack Spruce 5/16" Scalloped
- Top Inlay: Style 42 Abalone w/ Multi-Stripe
- Rosette: Style 45 Abalone w/ Multi-Stripe
- Back and Side Material: Indian Rosewood
- Binding: Antique White
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Headplate Pearl: Block Inlay
- Nut and Saddle Material: Bone
- Fingerboard and Bridge Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Abalone Style 45 Snowflakes
- Fingerboard Binding: Antique White
- Finish Top: Ambertone
- Finish Neck: Gloss
- Bridge Style: Standard Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Tuning Machines: Gold Schaller GrandTune
- Bridge and End Pins: White with Abalone Dot
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Geib Case
Serving Musicians Since 1991