Gibson 1960 Hummingbird Heritage Cherry Sunburst VOS Finish
About This Gibson Hummingbird Acoustic Guitar
1960 Hummingbird Fixed Bridge - Heritage Cherry Sunburst - The Final Word in 'Birds
First introduced in 1960, it was Gibson’s first square-shoulder acoustic guitar.
The Gibson Hummingbird arrived at the dawn of a new era in music, and was rapidly embraced by the prime movers on the scene.
This Custom Historic model is built with a Thermally Aged Sitka spruce top. The 1960 Hummingbird reflects the appearance and performance of those early icons.
It featurs a fixed bridge and is finished with Gibson's new Thin Finish, including the hand-rubbed VOS process.
Features & Specifications
- Body Shape - Hummingbird
- Top - Thermally Aged Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides - Mahogany
- Bracing - Traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing
- Binding - Multi-ply top, multi-ply back
- Finish - Thin Finish Nitrocellulose, VOS
- Neck Material - Mahogany
- Profile - Round
- Scale Length - 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Fingerboard Material - Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius - 12"
- Number of Frets - 20
- Frets - Standard
- Nut Width - Bone 1.72" / 43.81mm
- Inlays - Mother-of-pearl Parallelograms
- Tuner Plating - Gold
- Bridge - Traditional belly up
- Saddle - Bone
- Tuning Machines - Gotoh Keystone
- Pickguard - Casted Hummingbird
- Truss Rod Cover - Hummingbird
- Bridge Pins - Bone
- Strings - 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Electronics - None
- Case Included - Gibson Hardshell
Serving Musicians Since 1991